Pre Elgin History
The Wadsworth Watch Case Co originally established in 1889 as the the firm of H. A. Wadsworth & Co. The original factory was built that year and occupied 1200 square feet The Cincinnati Enquirer, 7th of August 1910. In 1892 H. A. Wadsworth & Co became The Wadsworth Watch Case Co and in 1893 additions were built to the original factory increasing it. In 1900 company relocated to its present factory with 60,000 square feet.