107 National Street
1864 - At this stage, the company was known as the "National Watch Company", Plant 1 was still under construction and this temporary 3 story wooden building was used to produce the factory machinery and tools that would be used in the completed factory. While this building was being used, it came under threat of both fire and flooding.
1865 - Underconstruction.
1866 - After the first wing was completed.
1869 - Two years after completing their first watch movement.
1873 - Nine years after starting and the demand of floor space is clearly visible, What was the original main entrance to the factory is now the back of the factory.
1881 - The company is now the "Elgin National Watch Company" and the west wing has been completed.
Exact date unknown but pre 1882 as the factory is under construction.
1882 - The factory building complete as per the original designs.
1939 - This aerial shot of the factory is before the 75th anniversary celebrations.
1966 - Tower coming down (photo courtesy of Beth Waltz)